Job (Remote): #IPAAonline Workshop Coordinator
IPAA is a member-driven organization serving professional Indigenous performing artists and arts organizations across Turtle Island. IPAA provides leadership, support, representation, advocacy, and practical assistance for the national development of Indigenous performing arts.
We are looking to hire a community-minded arts and culture worker interested in coordinating and implementing our digital workshop offerings for our membership.
This position is remote, work from home.
Duration: Contract position, 8 bi-weekly workshops, starting March 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and plan digital workshop series for IPAA’s membership
- Engage with arts and culture leaders
- Confirm the workshop series schedule, list of topics, and workshop leaders w/ Membership & Services Manager
- Prepare and track workshop leader contracts
- Prepare all workshop materials, including newsletter and social media communications to our membership about workshops
- Prepare WordPress calendar of events on IPAA’s website
- Coordinate with workshop technicians leading up to and during events
- Manage workshop budget, including invoice trackingsd
- Prepare a final report at the end of the workshop series.
The Ideal Candidate will have
- Familiarity with Indigenous arts and culture and/or the performing arts (theatre, music, dance)
- Previous administration experience
- Good time-management and organisational skills; be self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills; be community-minded
- Ability to operate online tools: WordPress, Zoom, Microsoft Office, Google workspaces, social media channels, etc.
- Ability to work independently and in team environments
- Bilingualism (Indigenous languages and/or French) is an asset, not necessary.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is Monday, February 28, 2022.
Everyone is welcome to apply. Applications from First Nations, Metis, Inuit, Black, and People of Colour will be prioritized.