Job (Remote): Workshop Coordinator
IPAA is a member-driven organization serving professional Indigenous performing artists and arts organizations across Turtle Island. IPAA provides leadership, support, representation, advocacy, and practical assistance for the national development of Indigenous performing arts.
We are looking to hire a community-minded arts and culture worker interested in coordinating and implementing our digital workshop offerings for our membership. This position is remote, work from home.
Duration: Contract position, approximately eight (8) bi-monthly workshops
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and plan digital workshop series for IPAA’s membership
- Engage with arts and culture leaders
- Confirm the workshop schedule, list of topics, and workshop leaders w/ Membership & Services Manager
- Prepare and track workshop contracts
- Manage workshop budget
- Prepare all workshop materials, including newsletter and social media communications to our membership about workshops
- Prepare WordPress calendar of events on IPAA’s website
- Coordinate with workshop technicians leading up to and during events
- Prepare a final report at the end of the workshop series.
The Ideal Candidate will have
- Familiarity with Indigenous arts and culture and/or the performing arts (theatre, music, dance)
- Previous administration experience
- Good time-management and organisational skills; be self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills; be community-minded
- Ability to operate online tools: WordPress, Zoom, Microsoft Office, Google workspaces, social media channels, etc.
- Ability to work independently and in team environments
- Bilingualism (Indigenous languages and/or French) is an asset, not necessary.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyone is welcome to apply. Applications from First Nations, Metis, Inuit, Black, and People of Colour will be prioritized.
The call remains open until the role is filled.